"Mad Mad" movie, the "151 Road Warriors" with "Cactus Jack", and Fiesta in San Antonio Texas
Before I begin this blog journal post I must state even though the movie "Mad Max" was available to watch before the year of 2000 my biological parents had not allowed me to watch movies or television shows outside of the G, PG, PG-13, PG-17, and R ratings until such they deemed to approve for me to watch. When I was with my friends growing up in the state of New Jersey, we usually were playing outside; and when I had been moved to Crystal Lake Illinois (instead of Chicago which would have been more logical), my outside activities from school were usually involving cars rather than watching television or movies. One person I had been truly good friends with and I had gone on one date to a movie, but he and I talked throughout the movie instead of watching whatever we had gone to see; and while at that time he and I agreed we were too good of friends to have a dating relationship, up until 2001 we had stayed in contact with one another. Due to extenuating circumstances he and I were unable to retain that friendship but also the events of 11 September occurred, and our lives went in different directions. Maybe one day, right?
In reference to the "Mad Max" movie, "Cactus Jack" AKA Jeffrey Kuykendall Jr., the "151 Road Warriors", the Alamo Draft House, and Fiesta in San Antonio Texas during whatever year such had occurred; I had been introduced to Jeffrey Kuykendall Jr (though from here on out I will refer to him as his ROTC given nickname of "Cactus Jack") through someone who worked where I had been volunteering at called Nine Lives Books in San Antonio off of the 410 Loop near Bandera Road, named Jamie Robles. Jamie felt the need to introduce Cactus Jack to me because of what I told her about my Psalm Sunday 2000 head injury, my lack of knowledge about Pop Culture, and the Reiki healing energies I had learned to work with in a different manner than some. Cactus Jack had at one point in time worked at Dragon's Lair a comic book store in San Antonio Texas at the time, and had been a player in the War Hammer live action game. Jamie Robles who was his former girlfriend later on had asked me to tell Cactus Jack about my experience at The Excalibur Renaissance Faire in Smithville Texas in Bastrop County before he later told me about the "151 Road Warriors" during Fiesta Texas. I admit because of my medical retirement from The United States of America's Armed Forces Army Branch once Cactus Jack explained to me why he had helped to orchestrate the "Mad Max 151 Road Warriors" during the Fiesta San Antonio Texas event, I have labeled them as "The 151 Tittybaby Road Warriors" of which I will explain and elaborate upon through this journal blog entry.
THE EXCALUBUR FAIRE
During the time of the first separation from who is now my extremely abusive dead-ex-husband of whom I had not seen in two days and was in a different part of the city when he died (I must state as such as the questions I had gone through from Criminal Investigation Division after his death and his funeral, I had to repeat myself as to my whereabouts as well as explain though the marriage was over before he returned to The United States of America's Armed Forces Army branch National Guard division because of the way he treated me; I comprehended why I was asked as I was asked as I was. However that is a whole other entry unto itself); I had been invited to attend the last year of The Excalibur Renaissance Faire, though no one knew it would be the final year of that particular name of a faire until later on. The female I met in the San Antonio Pagan community named Dawn had invited me to attend with her two friends John, and Christy. When I asked what I was supposed to do Dawn told me "Just be yourself" and when at the campgrounds after setting up the tent and getting dressed, everyone saw my outfit I purchased from eBay. When Dawn saw what I was wearing she said I looked like Nobility and had to chose a name for the faire, of which I chose the name Lady MeeLing.
However when the group of Dawn, John, Christy, and I had gone into the Excalibure Faire because I was dressed as Nobility and not as they were as pirates, later I was told I needed to leave them alone and go on my own way. Dawn told me she could not be seen at the faire with Nobility as she and the others were dressed as pirates and thus, I walked alone in the event. I saw many different stores throughout the location and various situations of the era before I found a store which had been selling faery and dragon wings, and I was excited to go inside to see. Though I wanted to purchse all of the wings in the store and the ones I knew that female was working on in her shop, I knew I could only purchase a single pair at the event. I found a red, white, and blue pair of wings which would match the outfit I was wearing and could be used in future events if I so chose to wear them. (I will post a picture of me wearing the outfit as my hair was when I entered the Excalibur Renaissance Faire with the wings I brought with me to the faire, though I had the picture taken at a San Antonio Pagan Pride Day earlier that year) After paying a little over $75.00 for the wings I put the pair on to then, walk around the rest of the grounds.
After passing by an area where a Bard was singing to a crowd near the two tents, one of turkey legs for food and the other with meade and spirits to drink; I walked through the center of the two. There a group of five males leapt out from the tree branches to surround me while holding weapons in their hands, each with a different type of weaponry. The males were dressed in ragged clothing and their faces and limbs were painted red with blue, while they each had dark brown shoes on. One male said "Go get the wings sauce!" while another said "It's time to fry some wings!" Instantly I got my feet into a fighting stance, my fists raised to defend myself, and my back straightened as I said "What the f*** do you mean, you need some wing sauce? What the f*** do you mean about frying? I will f*** you up, you don't know me!"
The males encircled closer around me as I tightened up ready to do what I needed to defend myself as I told them to "back off", they continued making comments to one another in reference to me. The one with the sword in his hands started swinging it over his head as the one with the mace slapped the hilt against his hand, and the others followed suit. I repeated myself as they repeated themselves but one particular male of the group noticed I was not going along with their game he asked me a question and I said, "This is the first time I have ever been to a Renaissance Faire, is this how you treat people here?" as I uttered other profanities at them, for surrounding me as a female by myself. That one male quickly started to try to get the other males to stop harassing me, but they did not want to stop seemingly. When one commented of how I was not speaking in the language of the Renaissance I said "If you will noteth backeth offefth, I will kicketh your a**eseth! I will go New Jersey mixed with military on you, and you will dieth by your own weapons. Is that goodeth enougheth for you?"
(Side Note: I can envision that particular male who I had gone to the movies with laughing hysterically, and yet at the same time getting extremely upset with those males)
However the one male with the sword would not leave me alone, nor back down. I stepped forward ready to disarm him and use his sword to go through his flesh to defend myself since he would not stop, when the group finally convinced him to leave me alone. After I walked through the group entirely infuriated because of the situation, I saw my friend Kim from the San Antonio Pagan community being yelled at by a blond female. I stood in between the two of them as the blond female yelled "She's an animal murderer! I am part of PETA, I'm going to tell them!" while pointing at Kim's fur corset which I said "You mean People who Eat Tasty Animals?" in an attempt to calm the situation down but when the blond female continued going after my friend Kim I said "Kim picked up roadkill from the side of the road to prevent the skins from going to waste, and made her corset. You are wearing suede shoes, what is wrong with you?"
That blond female said "What are you talking about, stupid? My shoes are suede!" I responded, "And suede comes from a cow, a different part of the cow and is tanned a specific way, but suede comes from a cow nonetheless." The blond female continued throwing a temper tantrum about Kim's corset to which after having dealt with those five males, I was not going to allow another female to be attacked for no good reason but for what seemed like an excuse. When the blond female finally left Kim alone, she and I walked to her corsetry booth and I looked through what she had sewn together for various custom pieces. Kim and I spoke for a little while before I went along throughout the rest of their Excalibur Renaissance Faire to find Dawn, John, and Christy.
Just when I found them a short male with a much taller male walked over towards me with a piece of rolled up paper and the male said, "Lady MeeLing you are hereby charged with falsifying an impersonation of being a faery" and I stated, "And you are whom? I am just me and how dare you tell me you think I am faking anything, you don't know me." Dawn told me to "play along" and I said "No" to her before looking at the short male saying "I am not falsifying anything and how dare you accuse me of being anything but who I am and if you are going to be accurate, you need to state I am Empress of the Fey! I am not impersonating nor faking, to be anyone other than who I am!" The male tried to say something before I interrupted him asking , "Are you a real Sherriff?" When he shook his head side to side signaling no I said, "I don't ever want to be arrested and I damn sure don't ever want to falsely be arrested, for something I didn't do!" When the larger male said "I can make you..." I stepped forward with my fists up saying "You'll make me do what, mother f****r? I don't f*****g think so, I am not going to be arrested! Leave me alone, I did not do anything wrong. Besides, you are not a real Police Officer, and only they can do that with evidence. I am not pretending to be anyone else, and I am not going to allow the likes of you to arrest me."
Dawn grew angrier and more annoyed when I said such, though John had asked "Why don't you let me get a picture of them putting the shackles on you?" I looked at him with a typical faery mischievous smile and simply said "Ok, John." When the pretend sheriff went to place the shackles around my wrists I quickly turned my arms to grab the shackles, and I took off running. At a full sprint I ran as far as I could, as fast as I could; finding a little boutique which sold various skirts and crinoline. I tucked the shackles into the skirt of my dress and wrapped the crinoline underneath my skirt around the chains to silence the sounds of the jingling to then casually walk outside of the opening. As I looked to the side I saw the pretend sheriff and his lackey running around the corner to then see me, as I stood there waiting for them to walk up. When the pretend sheriff demanded to know where the shackles were I asked if I was still going to be arrested and when he nodded his head up and down signaling yes while catching his breath, I told him when he promised I would not be arrested to return the shackles to him. He said, "It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens" and I responded, "Be careful, that might just happen. When you promise me I will not be arrested, I will return the shackles to you but up until then; no deal.
Several hours later the pretend sheriff told me "Ok, you win. You will never be arrested." and I said "Thank you, because I did nothing wrong to begin with and I should never have been falsely accused. You should do your research before claiming someone like me, would ever be able to pretend to be anyone other than myself." I then lifted the side of my skirt, pulled out the shackles from where my crinoline had been wrapped around the shackles, and handed him the cuffs." I smugly walked, or I should write, I smugly skipped away.
Dawn was infuriated with me for the whole event and held my actions against me for so-called embarrassing her, though I had explained about the five males in the trees. She told me I "should get over it" and I could not comprehend how those words and her responses were as such, as she knew the details of my Psalm Sunday 2000 head injury and Dawn had been the one who told me to go throughout the Excalibur Faire by myself; knowing I had never been to a Renaissance Faire before that time, and she told me to just be myself.
...back to Cactus Jack AKA Jeffrey Kuykendall Jr. and Jamie Robles...
When I had told Cactus Jack and Jamie of that set of circumstances, the two laughed a lot; which confused me. I could not comprehend as to why it was so funny at the time of the event, nor then when I explained such. Though I could laugh at myself, I admit I was ready to defend myself as I truly felt threatened with five males all taller and broader shouldered than I with weapons in their hands unsheathed. I was not playing around at the faire, even though apparently; that is what happens at those types of events. Afterwards Cactus Jack started to ask me more of what I knew and did not know of various aspects of Pop Culture, movies, television, comic books, graphic novels, and the like; of which I explained how I was raised and he was marveled by the aspects of such, as well as my Psalm Sunday 2000 head injury.
Later Cactus Jack told me of what he did during the week event of the Fiesta in San Antonio Texas because of one of his idols in the "Mad Max" movie attending a viewing of that movie at the Alamo Draft House on 410 and 151 in San Antonio, during the same time. Cactus Jack said because of the people he knew who also had done the World War II reenacting (Cactus Jack had been on the German side of the reenacting and said "Someone has to be the bad guy") and the access to the military vehicles of that time frame he and Jamie had contacted his friends, while his little brother Jeremy Kuykendall had contacted his friends to ride along. Jamie was working in photography or art class and thought such would be a great project to express her art form, and as the two continued to explain the events to me; I started feeling disgusted with sickness and my stomach started feeling though it was churning. They explained of the choice to choose the 1604 loop around San Antonio because of the way the different people who had the military vehicles would be able to enter into San Antonio at a set time, as Cactus Jack and Jeremy Kuykendall (as well as their little sister Rachael Kuykendall) 's mom worked for the Northside Independent School District Bus Depot as a dispatcher; and they had access to the radio equipment to pick up on the movements of the San Antonio Police Departments as well as Fire Department Officials to evade the capture. Cactus Jack told me his dad worked as a mechanic and had fixed several San Antonio Police Officers' private vehicles, and was able to find the number of extra duty officers who would be moonlighting during the event.
I became increasingly disgusted by the information those people were telling me, though I think if people were to read my first two books "Finding A Silver Lining By: Susan MeeLing" in combination with "Finding The Silver Lining By: Susan MeeLing", I might not be alone with those sensations; albeit much later than I originally had felt from when told) (Also I had wrote of a Dr. Pepper Milkshake recipe I created in 2003 and now Whataburger is selling my intellectual creative property and I never gave anyone permission to sell those rights to them as I also never sold or gave up the rights to any of my books I registered through The Library of Congress, nor would I do so ever)
When I asked why would that be a good idea after telling them how I felt though they "were describing terrorism to me but civilians doing so to a military city as there are five military bases that run along the 1604 loop of San Antonio Texas", Cactus Jack and Jamie Robles said I "was over-reacting" of which I said, "I don't think so. I think and I hope if people ever find out the truth of that, you and your group are charged with terrorist-ic behaviour."
The two of them continued to explain the choice for choosing the 1604 Loop instead of the 410 Loop in San Antonio was multifaceted: The excuses they explained to others and I were:
* Jeffrey Kuykendall Jr. had been given the moniker of "Cactus Jack" because during a ROTC event at Camp Bullis while he was attending UTSA (University of Texas San Antonio), he landed on a patch of cactus. Due to the fact he had to go to the emergency room to have the individual quills removed from between his legs and in specific his balls, the ROTC soldiers called him "Cactus Jack". Due to feeling though those ROTC soldiers were "being mean" to him when I told him "In reality, they could have called you much worse names than Cactus Jack, but thankfully you left the ROTC training because you would have been a hazard in the field during combat"; Cactus Jack chose 1604 because that road encompasses Camp Bullis Army Base, whereas 410 Loop does not.
* Both Jamie Robles and Cactus Jack were upset because of the costs for college and thought they could make the UTSA campuses "pay" for such high tuition fees and book costs, when going around the 1604 Loop as well as for the fact when Cactus Jack left ROTC; he had to repay UTSA for the expenses since he did not give The United States of America's Armed Forces what they initially paid for, and thus he had to repay his debts.
* Cactus Jack and Jamie Robles had housing closer to 410 in comparison to 1604, and if they needed to get away quickly, they would not have to deal with the additional traffic from the backup they knew would be caused; on top of the already crowded roads during the time of the Fiesta San Antonio Texas event. Both grew up in the city of San Antonio, and knew of the Fiesta events, as well as people involved with the Fiesta events at the time. Whereas Cactus Jack said he had some people in the ROTC training who had gone to school with him in high school at Lee High School and was made when the Rebel Flag was removed from the mascot, Jamie Robles went to a Southside area of San Antonio school district and knew some people who were involved with specifics of the Fiesta event which she was mad about.
* Due to the fact neither of them could segregate their emotions about the attachment of the military branches to the area of attachment of Camp Bullis, the two "thought it would be a funny joke to go after all of the bases and all of the city" for what they felt, were justifiable; though I thought and still feel they were excuses. Jamie Robles said she "wanted to be as infamous as the Red Canvas" and Cactus Jack said he "wanted all of Hollywood's attention" "as wishes" and I told them "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it to come true. Though if not careful it may become true in ways, you never would expect." They laughed at me and made fun of me, "for being so over dramatic".
* When the "Mad Max" viewing event took place during the week of Fiesta in San Antonio Texas as they had planned with their parents, friends, and college associates, the group had multiple areas of entry to San Antonio Texas 1604 Loop as some with the military vehicles entered from South I35, while some entered from North I35, and some from the 281 split. Since there were several vehicles which had semi-truck radios, only a few people were given the school bus district radios as needed; to keep in contact with each other, until meeting up in the same area. Jamie Robles said "it was hilarious watching vehicles drive off of the road to get out of our way" while Cactus Jack said "it was freaking funny to see how quickly so many people reached for their cell phones, I guess to call 9-1-1"; then Jamie said she contacted someone she knew to find out over 350 9-1-1 phone calls were made over the course of their expedition. I told them "You were lucky none of the veterans or active duty guys grabbed their firearms to snipe you, because I know there are plenty in the city of San Antonio who would and could have dropped each one of you who they had a clear shot to; probably a few drivers too" as the two had showed me pictures of what they were wearing when strapped to something that looked like a machine gun.
* When I mentioned "the amount of veterans in the area of San Antonio from the Armed Forces of The United States of America, law enforcement, fire department, EMS, and the like who probably had firearms since it is the state of Texas"; they laughed at me and said again, I "was over reacting and being over dramatic". When I told them "they and their friends better be careful of every single move they make and should think about each action before doing so because if there isn't a watch list for that, there will be some day"; the two made fun of me even more.
* The two told me of when they arrived at The Alamo Draft House they were disappointed the actor was no longer at the place and there were a line of Police Squad cars waiting for them, but many people saw the Police and left the scene; whereas Jamie Robles and Cactus Jack continued to pull through proudly. I told them "You shouldn't have been surprised the actor guy left the place, nor should you have been surprised there were Police Officers waiting for you. They're smarter than you give or gave them credit for, I'm just saying."
* Cactus Jack and Jamie Robles said Cactus Jack AKA Jeffrey Kuykendall Jr, his brother Jeremy Kuykendall (who later joined The United States of America's Armed Forces Army Branch as an Officer and the two look almost as identical twins), as well as several other people who were a part of the "151 Road Warriors" had volunteered to be arrested for the event but had scoffed when the San Antonio Police Department could only at the time charge those people with not having a Parade License. Then after the brothers spent a night in the drunk tank because of the lack of room elsewhere in the county jail they made their allowed phone call to their mom and dad, who then contacted their lawyer friend who had already been informed of what Cactus Jack and Jeremy as well as their group were going to do during the Fiesta San Antonio Texas event for the "Mad Max" movie. The lawyer went to the court in downtown San Antonio Texas to bail them out of jail and later when Cactus Jack realized his World War II authentic props were confiscated by the Police Officers; Cactus Jack said he wanted them back.
* The lawyer was unable to get the knives and swords away from the court system though Cactus Jack was excited to discuss how the lawyer had gotten his e-tool back from the custody of the courts. When the judge had asked "What do you do? You probably bury dead bodies with that" the lawyer retorted to the judge "What? Is it illegal to bury dead bodies?" of which the court released only the e-tool to Cactus Jack, though I told Cactus Jack that judge probably would never forget his name or face for what his lawyer said and did, as well as that lawyer might not be able to practice law in the city of San Antonio after remarks like that.
In the end of that whole fiasco the group of "The 151 Tittybaby Road Warriors" thought it would be a good idea to have t-shirts made of their attempts to harass the city of San Antonio during the Fiesta San Antonio Texas event, and though I told Cactus Jack "he and they are dumb for making such because if the company who printed the t-shirts knew anyone who was in San Antonio or of that event, that company would probably be excited to help law enforcement to catch all of you guys"; which again, I was made fun of and called over dramatic.
Though Cactus Jack and I began dating because of my now dead-ex-husband forcing me to date him instead of looking for someone who I wanted to date when right before as well as during the second and final separation from him, E5 Robert Walker Nichols; after his death at Fort Sam Houston in The Warrior Transition Unit Barracks in San Antonio Texas and all which occurred after his death, there had been a San Antonio Express News Article written about the memorial service my children Robert had fathered which had been denied at the time. Though the San Antonio Express News did not know of the circumstances as to why I had been involved with Cactus Jack I admit, seeing how the author of that article had stated Cactus Jack was my fiance disgusted me. The second I could get out of being involved in a relationship with Cactus Jack, I ended such.
However my biological mother Anna Louise (maiden last name : Lally) Hom (living in San Antonio Texas), my biological sister Patricia Ann Hom (I do not know what her married last name is and last living in San Marcos Texas when I saw her last in 2010), my biological father Michael Lee Hom (partially only because of Cactus Jack re-connection the conversations between us and not for the 151 event), my ex-sister-in-law Susan (Moniker Susie) Marie Nichols-Lopez (who last lived when I knew her in White Settlement Texas in 2010 with her daughters Brieanna Marie Lopez, Marissa Marie Lopez, and son Joseph Anthony Lopez), my ex-sister-in-law Mary Evongelina (maiden last name: Nichols) Nichols O'Steen (who last lived in Macon Georgia with her daughters Sondra Marie O'Steen and Ariel Marie O'Steen) among others I cannot recall their names had all taken Cactus Jack's side when I had ended the relationship with him; just as they had taken my now-dead-ex-husband's side when the issues of abuse had risen, as well as his stolen valor. Though I had told my biological family as well as my ex-in-laws including Tony Walker Nichols of Lawton Oklahoma, of my choice to return of the falsely awarded Bronze Star to the Colonel from Robert's Unit in Iraq after the memorial service and after the unit returned to The United States of America to cover up the issues of Robert stealing valor on his Dress Blues uniform which a Chief Warrant Officer 3 had informed everyone of in 2008 at Laurel Land Funeral Home in Fort Worth Texas; similarly to Cactus Jack and Jamie Robles, I was made fun of for "being over dramatic about (in that case) honesty".
I thought it was better for my children to know the truth about earned valour, instead of being lied to about stolen valour. I thought it was better for The United States of America's Armed Forces for the males and females to know there is still honesty and justice in the world, rather than to let them only see and be reminded of the ugliness of war wherever they looked. Though such might make me a fool to people similar to my biological family, my ex-in-laws, and my ex-boyfriend Cactus Jack; I would rather be an honestly clean fool, rather than a dirty and disgusting liar.
I have sent letters to various law enforcement agencies about this after publishing about such in my first two books I registered through The Library of Congress and ironically enough, the Federal Bureau of Investigations is close to the UTSA campus. Though I am unaware if Cactus Jack and Jamie Robles knew of such, I would guesstimate it would make college students who would think to be anywhere as disrespectful as such to think twice about their choices and actions; as I hand delivered some of my handwritten statements to the officials there before and after mailing letters to various law enforcement agencies of the state of Texas as well as The United States of America.
Below is a picture of me in my outfit at the San Antonio Pagan Pride Day but also what I wore when I attended The Excalibur Faire in Smithville Texas of Bastrop County; before I purchased the new pair of wings.
If you appreciate my journal blog please donate to my PayPal account through the button at the top of page, now! Thank you!