Montana Trip Thoughts
While I could rattle on about an array of thought patterns and realizations, I wanted to focus this particular posting on a few points.
1.) Excitement about the completed Medal of Honor recipients as well as elation for those to continue with, discussed above.
* Thoughts referencing General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
* Montana travels
After the exhaustion from the Oregon trip for the Medal of Honor recipients I learned to plan longer intervals of necessary recuperation time between my objectives, to visit each Medal of Honor recipient's marker within the United States of America. While I am extremely overjoyed because I completed the majority of Oregon minus the guy in Medford whose marker is wrong and couple others planned for separate endeavours, the trips including Montana took their tolls. While many inspiring aspects were found throughout each individual I am glad the first portion is completed for when I am getting the markers squared away or the delivery, I cannot complain about the pain in comparison. Though there are eight or nine Medal of Honor pieces in the final phase and moving towards completion for those recipients, I am elated to continue on. Throughout the lengthy trips from one area to another I had more than enough time to think and wonder, ponder and contemplate.
Throughout many long travels to, from, and throughout the states of Oregon and Montana my mind wandered to the possibilities of the spirit of General George S. Patton watching over the planet, and paying attention to the current Presidential Elections. While the miles continued to roll and add within the odometer of the vehicle as I made my way from one Medal of Honor recipient to the next, I continued thinking of what he might think of the current state of affairs. During one trip several points made sense, while others confused me further. On another plan the thoughts confirmed one train of thought while abruptly morphing, without any prior thoughts within the context. Within the last days of the Montana trip what I think General George S. Patton would think of the top four known 2016 Presidential Candidates clicked, and I could 'see' him commenting similarly.
* I believe is Gen. Patton looked over the Green Party Candidate Jill Stein he would be less than thrilled of her utilizing the upset supporters of Bernie Sanders only to be arrested, instead of positively getting her message to the general public. I think he would remind others of her years of political service while reminding many of the need for change within government does not mean hiring or electing more government, but looking to outside sources. Though I do not believe General Patton would have "felt the Bern" I believe had Senator Sanders stayed true to his claimed cause, he might still have the respect of many.
* Personally I could 'see' General Patton chuckling to himself with a half burnt cigar out of one side of his mouth while he took a quick swig of his glass before outright laughter, when the thought of the Libertarian Candidate of Gary Johnson. While I think General Patton would have given him some respect for looking outside of the elected government to earn a living within business endeavours I would think of the two up for the Libertarian ticket, General George Patton would like the Vice Presidential Libertarian choice over the top individual candidate of the Libertarian ticket.
* If General Patton was looking at our time-line of events leading us to the current times I believe he would look at former Secretary Clinton and bury his teeth within the skin on his knuckles, striving desperately to find the words which would not offend her. I think he would be annoyed and yet chuckling to himself as he listened to the establishment government and media demanding for everyone to vote for another establishment candidate when the general public seemingly wants an outsider and thus, reject the path of another President Clinton. I could also 'see' him trying to whisper into former President Bill Clinton's ear while nudging his elbow telling President Clinton, "There are far more discreet ways to have an affair but blaming the one with whom you shared and bed and slept with, was not the wisest choice."
* Though I do not think General George S. Patton would have thought Mr. Donald Trump would have ever rose to be able to run for president I believe out of the top four choices, General Patton would not hesitate to cast his ballot for Mr. Trump. I could 'see' General Patton agreeing with the tactics needed in order to succeed winning the election while appreciating the knowledge of Mr. Trump's business dealings to utilize the tools taught to him through school and personal experience, because Mr. Donald Trump has been on both sides of the same coin when attempting to make or save money. I think General Patton would look over the four major and known 2016 Presidential Candidates and only being able to honestly vote in confidence for one individual to run the United States of America without having loyalty bought, Mr. Donald J. Trump.
* I believe General George S. Patton would say to himself, "There is a man who knows how to take care of business, and the government has always been a business needing to be taught self-control."
Otherwise the Montana trip to square away the men whom earned the Medal of Honor was lovely, and awe inspiring.